Tuesday, September 20, 2011

if I had $100.

Real Simple magazine (one of my longest standing subscriptions) used to do a feature where they would ask readers to tell them what they'd do if someone walked up and gave them $100 to spend right now. I like that kind of fantasy -- not as crazy big as winning the lottery or something that seems way out of reach, but actually something reasonable that could happen if your health insurance refunded you some money or you found an old check from your birthday that you forgot about.

So here's what I'd spend it on today for a perfect, cozy fall afternoon:

This hoodie: $65.


This book: $23.35 with my BN membership.


A pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks: $3.71 (again with my BN discount)


A bag of Trader Joe's kettle corn: about $2.


If you add in tax on everything = $100, give or take a few cents.

What would you buy? Let me know! And check back for more "if I had $100" posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment