Friday, July 20, 2012

5 questions for a Friday.

Leah over at Crunchy Farm Baby tagged me for a Liebster Blog award and post -- thanks! Here are my responses to her questions:

What do I do for a living? If you're a SAHM, what did you do before having kids?
At the moment, I'm home with my toddler. I worked for 8 years as a high school English teacher and literacy coach -- which is part of the reason behind my obsession with books and my book-themed Etsy shop! (p.s. Leah, didn't realize that we had a common connection!) I'm thinking about finishing up a Master's in education to open a few more doors for me once I head back to work post-babyhood.

What is your least favorite household chore and why?
Dusting, because I'm crazy allergic and it makes me sneeze for the rest of the day!

Why did you start your blog?
I started it years ago because I wanted to get some practice in writing book reviews. Since having Lorelei, it morphed into more of a parenting and lifestyle blog -- and it kept me sane during some of the trying days/nights of newborn parenthood!

Where would you like to see your blog go in the next year?
Wow -- I don't know! I guess I should probably have some more goals with it than I do. Right now, it's mostly a place for me to record thoughts and connect with other moms, readers, and writers. I'm trying to find a good balance with my life at the moment and finding time for blogging, crafting, parenting, reading, and personal time with my husband (not to mention household chores and upkeep!) and I still haven't figured it out...

If you could offer one piece of parenting advice to your readers, what would it be?
Learn to accept that you are not the parent you imagined you'd be before having a baby -- and that's okay, because you had no idea what it'd really be like. ;)



4 comments:

  1. Wow! You saw before I even had a chance to tell you! :) Thanks for accepting and sharing your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that last line is perfect. I need to frame it and hang it on my wall. : )

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! And that last line is my daily mantra!!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that baby advice in the last line. I'll repeat it to myself over and over in the coming years I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete