Thursday, August 9, 2012

adventures in motherhood: have baby, will travel.

We're off on an adventure! Lorelei is learning how to mountain climb.


She did actually climb on top of that rock, but I am a good mom and didn't take a picture for fear she would topple off and hit her head if I didn't have two hands to catch her. And guess what? I am also a fortune-teller.

Jason has been attending an annual ethics conference in our old stomping grounds for the last several years and we decided to be crazy and make it a family trip this time. So far we've got an overtired but very happy baby and have randomly run into several people we know around town -- plus have plans to connect with several more. Love it! So glad to be back and to be on a "real" vacation for a little while.

See you next week with more tales from our trip!

12 comments:

  1. She looks so proud of herself! And I love that little outfit she's wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! We are so, so lucky to be borrowing a bunch of clothes from a good friend of mine who has a daughter a year older than Lorelei -- she always looks fashionable and I've saved a bunch of $$ as a result. Plus, we're helping her keep her nonexistent closets cleaned out in their small flat in London. Win win!

      Delete
    2. Exactly, a win-win. I have a the fantastic reddish fleece coat with tassles in Abbie's closet, maybe when she comes here I can send her with some more autumn/winter clothes for L. Maybe some yellow hunter wellies? Do people wear wellies in IL? I always thought that outfit was cute until I had to change her diaper, then I hated it. ;) Cute pics, glad boulder is fun!

      Delete
  2. I dream of going to Colorado one day! Lorelei is such a cutie and her outfit is adorable!! Hope you guys have a fun vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, it is such a kid-friendly place to visit! You should definitely head out here sometime. I love going to the ski resorts in the summer time because the prices are so much better and Colorado is crazy beautiful without all the expected snow :)

      Delete
  3. I love this cute photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. Colorado is so much fun, and I have to agree with the ladies above -- that outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! And you're a fortune teller, haha. Poor little thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! (And what a good mom you are!)

    Hope you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I would love to be there right now! I'm missing Colorado a bit more than usual lately. I love that little romper, and am glad you're a mama with foresight. Bumps and falls happen, but they're never fun! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete