Saturday, April 14, 2018

Did I Miss Anything? / an update

Hi there, friends -

It's been a while. I've outgrown this particular space and I'm working on transitioning to something new. I'll be leaving this site intact so old post links still work, but I'll transfer some of the pieces of my writing here to a different format in the coming months (current target date: July).

In the meantime, I'm working on writing daily, my major goal for 2018. I started the year with 100 days of early morning freewriting and now I'm switching to writing and revising specific shorter pieces for another 100 days. I've got a larger project in my back pocket, but I'll share more on that later when I'm ready.

I'm a bit absent from social media these days, so if you're interested in staying in touch, I'm starting a scrappy little newsletter based on an old habit from my teaching days. I used to have a "What Did I Miss?" binder in the corner of my room, in reference to this poem, where students could find everything they might have missed out on due to an absence. I'm imagining my newsletter as a sample page from that binder with a Poem of the Day (POD), Word of the Week (WOW), journal prompt for a "do now" (warm up work for students to complete as they transition to my classroom space that day), extra credit links to articles, essays, and literature I've found interesting lately (I know better than to call them "assigned readings" nowadays), and a note from me about what I've been up to. I hope you'll join me. Here's the link, if you're interested. And thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment