Friday, November 11, 2011

DIY: upcycled holiday card garland

During L's fantastic post-swimming nap yesterday I finally got around to working on the craft project I was inspired to start right before the basement flood discovery. Remember making these in elementary school?


I had a huge stack of old holiday cards that I didn't have the heart to get rid of, so I decided to upcycle them into a quick and easy holiday garland.


After cutting them into strips, I just curled them, taped them, and...voila!



I would love to try doing this with a more professional-looking result sometime, like these:



(image 1, 2, 3 -- which has a free printable here)

But for now, I'm just happy to have put my packrat tendencies to a good purpose. (8 cards resulted in about 6 feet of garland, by the way.)

What holiday DIYs are you up to?

1 comment: