Friday, February 10, 2012

wait. it's Friday?

I feel like I have way too many things on my to-do list for it to be Friday already. What happened this week?! Oh well -- we're putting on a happy face around here anyway.



The weather's been beautiful here this week and I feel like I didn't take advantage of it enough, since it is now snowing outside. I've totally gotten used to this mild winter thang we've had going this year and am such a baby when I see any little flakes threatening to stick around. This coming from the girl who grew up in Minnesota and prides herself on being a winter warrior...

A few items for a Friday roundup:

Have you been reading all about how French parents are soooo much better than the rest of us?

Simon Schama reminds us why Dickens rocks, in honor of his 200th birthday this week.

Cute Valentine's Day cards -- and a sweet idea here, too.

I totally forgot about this site -- still hilarious.


We're having friends over for dinner Saturday night and are planning to make this amazing salad that does not seem to exist anywhere on the internet -- maybe I'll try another recipe post sometime to share it with you. They have a daughter just about L's age; should be fun to have two carpet creepers exploring the house together!

Happy weekend, everybody :)



4 comments:

  1. your little girl is ADORABLE! oh my goodness.. that face :) what's her name? i'm new here, so going to check out the rest of your posts..

    new follower, please stop on by:
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I try not to post her name online for her future privacy (I can hear the groans now: "Mooooom, WHY did you write that stuff about me?!?") :)

      Delete
  2. Great links!that catalogue site is hilarious & loved all the French parenting links. Funny articles.

    Have a great weekend with that cute bebe of yours!!

    ReplyDelete