Nine things for the ninth of March:
1. My new haircut. Intended to do this 9 weeks after L was born -- 9 1/2 months later, I finally felt ready to give up my easy ponytail look!
2. Thinking a lot about this article on "red shirting" your kid. L's birthday is May 24th, which will make her one of the young ones in her class -- did any of you have that experience growing up?
3. Excited about my interview series next week -- you can read more about it here. Can't wait to share the views of these five women with you!
4. Heading out of town this weekend to visit my in-laws in beautiful, warm, sunny Florida. Expect lots of pictures when we get back!
5. Speaking of sunshine, we've had so much of it this week, plus some downright balmy temperatures. Somebody's been very excited:
6. Do you subscribe to NPR Book Notes? It's one of the ways I find recommendations for new books that aren't just fluffy bestsellers. This week's pick on how habits form sounds fascinating (did you hear about how Target's spending habit-based marketing made the dad of a secretly-pregnant teen go ballistic? It's all in the book!)
7. I'm dying to try these two recipes. And I'm starting to try to find the perfect first-birthday cake for L -- let me know if you have a great suggestion!
8. Guilty pleasure this week: watching the first couple of seasons of Medium on Netflix. I don't believe in any of that stuff, but it sucks me in somehow. And I can't get enough of their middle daughter! Definitely wouldn't mind if L turned out as quirky and spunky as that...
9. Chag Purim Sameach, a little late!
Happy weekend, all :)