Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 is gonna be my year.



You guys, I turned 34 last week! How did that happen? When I told my mom, she thought I should double-check my math. Nope, it was right - I'm officially older than I feel.

But despite the slight nausea-inducing sensation about being firmly in my mid-thirties, I couldn't be more excited about this brand new year. Since 2010, I've been pregnant or nursing for all but a handful of weeks, and as of my birthday, I'm my own woman again - ready to embrace my 35th year with open arms and an adventurous spirit.

I think the freedom from some of the shackles of early motherhood is making me feel especially inclined towards creativity and intellectual curiosity again in ways I haven't in a long time. I'm longing to read real books again - and lots of them - and I am excited to get started on some special projects that fell by the wayside over the past year due to the nitty-gritty daily life of having a toddler and a tiny baby to care for.

I'm a lot more prolific on instagram these days, if you don't follow me there already - but I'm excited to use this space for more updates about books I'm reading and the things I'm making for the shop and other venues. See you here soon!

1 comment: