(notice the skeptical raised eyebrow -- already her mama's girl in so many ways)
I've decided to take a very small step back from this blog. Since I changed URLs back in September and decided to start blogging to cure myself of desperate loneliness and stagnation as a new mother, I've been pretty faithful about posting every weekday and even some weekends. And it has done amazing, wonderful things for my soul -- truly. Especially the part about "meeting" and connecting with all of you. But I'm starting to feel myself being pulled a bit too thin, what with trying to start my shop, work towards my personal goals, and keep up with my very mobile, very curious, very adorable almost-9-month-old: the near-and-dear-to-my-hearts that my treasure trove of time and mental energy and love should be directed towards. So the every-single-day posting requirement is going by the wayside, at least for now. I'll still be here very often, maybe even posting daily if I feel like it, and reading your own blogs just as often as usual -- but having a daily writing assignment no longer seems like a necessity for my sanity (and, in fact, is starting to feel quite the opposite).
Anyway, you probably won't even notice and certainly won't mind -- this public service announcement is really more for my sake and my own issues with guilt. :)
And while we're on the topic of goals, here's a quick update on those pesky little birthday resolutions, in case you're wondering:
2. Start my Etsy shop. For reals this time. This means making a list of all of the minutiae that have been holding me back and then working my way through them -- and writing about it here to keep myself honest. -- I've been working hard on this one, but I still have quite a ways to go before my target date of March 20th.
4. Write a letter to my grandmother every week. She doesn't have a lot to look forward to each day due to her struggles with Lewy Body Dementia and she used to send me the most wonderful letters and packages so I want to return the favor while I still can. -- I've been faithfully writing, and writing a letter every day this month to keep up with this challenge, too.
5. Learn how to use my brand new DSLR so my blog looks the way I want it to. (Have I mentioned that my husband is super dreamy? Thanks for the best present ever, J!) -- Can you tell I'm getting a tiny, tiny bit better? I never allow myself to use the automatic setting, if that means anything...
6. Purge our house of all of the things we don't need. Just like with #2, this is going to require a lot of smaller steps first, but I am determined to get it done. -- Sloooooooowly.
7. Go on a trip with L that isn't just to our parents' houses. And go on a trip without L. (gulp!) -- Not even close.
8. Make some meaningful connections in my small town and in the blogosphere. -- I like to think so!
9. Have a lot more moments like these. -- I've only gotten really, truly frustrated with L twice since this post. I think that's progress, don't you?
Happy weekend, all, and thanks for being along for the ride!